CP&D Established In 2005 Heads Of Department Over the Years
Curriculum is the guide that delineates the learning path of a student and determines the process of this learning. During policy formulation two aspects of curriculum are addressed, the process of curriculum development and the content implementation of the curriculum. Curriculum focuses on the following main areas:
Student Learning Outcomes
Teaching Strategies & Evaluation
Assessment For Learning
Resources & References
While preparing the curriculum, national and international curricula are studied, researched and then curriculum is formulated which adheres to international norms of education and reflects our values too. The aim of our curriculum is to develop students intellectually and academically to meet the challenges at home and aboard. A solid bedrock of citizenship is placed while they are being trained to respect beliefs, faiths and customs, different to their own.
Key Features of the Department
- Implementation of National Education Policy along with planning and development of curricular & co curricular activities for teachers and schools.
- Development of APSACS Academic Package, APSACS Policy Implementation Guide and APSACS Management & Facilitation Guide
- Preparation of SOWs with latest teaching strategies for all levels, to ensure uniformity of Educational standards in each Region.
- Adoption of Spiral Progression Approach where key concepts are presented repeatedly throughout the curriculum, but with layers of complexity and through variety of applications for all subjects and classes
- Involvement of APSACS Resource Pools to evaluate and recommend suitable Textbook titles from the samples issued by Publishing Houses
- Alignment/ Re-alignment of Textbooks in collaboration with publishing houses
- Negotiation on the cost of Textbooks to ensure their timely availability across the APSACS System.
- Customization of APSACS Supplementary Reading Material including Activity Books, Work Books & Teacher’s Guide, in line with SNC 2022 SLOs
- Ensuring quality control of printed academic material i.e, Academic Calendar, Registers, Planners, Folders & other Teaching tools prepared by CP&D
- Provision of guidance and orientation to all stakeholders on the effective use of curriculum material
- New schools under registration process are visited & reports are prepared with adequate observations and recommendations
- Provision of written feedback/ documents to relevant department after school evaluation visits
- Inter Departmental Collaboration to implement curriculum activities and prepare future programmes to broaden the scope of APSACS.
- Communicate with stakeholders; Formations, Regional Directors, Principals, Parents and Publishers to address/ communicate academic issues